Company History

Koch Monument was established in 1902 as Elmer Mabie Granite and Marble Works. Through the years ownership and trade names have changed, but the consistent quality and commitment to customers has always remained at the heart of our business.

Elmer Mabie started his monument company in Hackensack in 1902. Through the years he did work throughout the neighbouring towns as well as in New York City. Elmer employed a hard working man, George Koch, who eventually took over the business in 1944. George, along with sons Elmer and Raymond ran the business until the late 70's.